Tips for Living Below Your Means and Saving Money
- Automate your savings so you'll be sure to pay yourself first.
- Pay yourself 10% first. David Chilton's advice will serve you well. Also - don't pay bank fees! Get a no-fee bank account at PC Financial or ING. Use a no-fee credit card and pay off your balance. And finally and most importantly - Spend less than you earn! [PFStock: David Chilton is the author of the classic personal finance book, The Wealthy Barber.]
- Do not carry credit card balances. Realize you cannot Keep Up With the Kardashians.
- Make a budget and stay on it and always avoid the temptation to "keep up with the Joneses."Make a budget and stay on it and always avoid the temptation to "keep up with the Joneses.
- Contribute the most you can to a 401(k) plan at work.
- Read PFStock and other personal finance blogs.
Thanks again to all of my readers who contributed most of these tips. If you have more money saving tips, please share them in the comments below. Your tip may be featured in a future compilation.
PF Stock Money Tips #1: Use Coupons
PF Stock Money Tips #2: Credit Cards
PF Stock Money Tips #3: Taxes
PF Stock Money Tips #4: Shopping
PF Stock Money Tips #5: Organize Your Purchases
PF Stock Money Tips #6: Reduce Wasteful Spending
Post a Comment